The TV Thread

Yep. Or because a girl - who was always a main character - might be front and centre.

I mean, He-Man isn’t exactly a complex guy. Showing too much of him in a trailer would give it all away.
These people just don’t really understand how trailers work, right?

Looks sick.

1 Like

Halfway through it. HEAVY lineup - and all the footage is so crisp.

Loving it so far.

1 Like

Finally got to watch this tonight and it was really good. Well worth the 90 mins.

Rewatching The Sopranos for about the 8th time with the Mrs and it just gets funnier and funnier.

“You motherfucker……”

“Well keep your mother of the streets and I won’t fuck her”

6 Likes

Its genius. Need to rewatch it. I wish it was on Netflix

It’s on Now TV, all the classic HBO ones are on there. I’m giving it a rewatch at the moment too

It’s available on Sky too. There’s a Sopranos prequel movie coming in October, ‘The Many Saints of Newark’.

Yeah I saw the trailer. Looks so good.

1 Like

I really hope that they do a good job because there is really no need for them to have made a prequel film. They better nail it and make it good!

2 Likes

Absolutely. The Sopranos is arguably the finest tv drama ever made. It’s a quite simply a masterpiece imo. The movie trailer looks promising. As you said though, it’d needn’t have been made.

Twin Peaks was amazing and Firewalk with Me was sort of alright. I’ve revisited the original, (T.P,), series a few times over the years and have seen the movie once, possibly twice. Fortunately the series was so good that I don’t feel that the addition of the prequel tarnished it in any way. Fingers crossed that holds for The Sopranos movie.

I’m half way through a Danish drama on iPlayer called DNA and really enjoying everything about it. Charlotte Rampling plays a French detective in it and is pretty good.

Is it me or in that Soprano movie trailer does it look like they’ve done something weird with Tony’s face with CGI, to make the actor look more like a young Tony? Like they did with De Niro’s eyes and face in The Irishman? He looked weird

Edit: just noticed it’s James Gandolfinis son playing him, doh

3 Likes

Wife is watching something called Sex/Life on Netflix and fucking hell it is bad.

I’ve been sent away because I keep laughing at how bad it is.

1 Like

I’m finally getting round to finishing Homeland (probably tonight or tomorrow night).

What other good spy shit can anyone recommend (iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime)?

Assuming you’ve done Sopranos and Breakin Bad:

Vikings - Prime
Motherland (sorry) - iPlayer
Black Mirror - Netflix
Lupin - Netflix
True Detective - can’t remember
Top Boy - Netflix

Thanks for the list but I’m more looking for spy/CIA stuff. Something similar to Homeland I suppose.

The Americans is the one you need to watch

Yeah it was good that. Decent satisfying ending too. Too many shows just dribble off in no particular direction until nobody cares.

Jack Ryan is a good series on prime with John Krasinski.