The TV Thread

Balls deep in Z Nation. It’s shit, but I like it.

Somehow only just found out about Black Mirror and three quarters through that. It’s good but bleak as fuck if you binge on it

4 Likes

https://www.netflix.com/title/81183477
This is brilliant

Nearly started watching that last night!

It is was clearly produced by a bunch of over enthusiastic hippies and the music and praise got a bit cringe BUT the research is mind blowing, especially the use of magic mushrooms for depression and the first hand accounts of the participants.

1 Like

I’ve had sky installed last month. I have to turn it off and and on multiple times a day because the sound always goes completely fucked compared to the video.

Anyone else get this?

Get rid of it, it’s utterly pointless. Money down the drain.

What sky???

yeah
But then again you’re a sporty watcher so there is that. I’m not so Sky became redundant.

Also binned it ages ago. Netflix is fucking shit as well though.

it is yeah, but it’s also not over £40 a month

True. TV and internet was about £70 for us for a while there. Funny thing is, if you’ve got one you don’t need the other.

I used to have Sky but binned it off, Now TV is great for all the Sky Atlantic/HBO stuff. I think you can get sky sports on it too, not sure if it’s price efficient though.

I seem to have them all in one way or the other; sky, Amazon, Netflix, Disney etc and they’re all shit.
But whenever I get rid of them I get a proper FOMO and need to get them back.

1 Like

Surely I can’t be the only one on here bitterly disappointed by the latest Fake Or Fortune?

Love me a bit of fake or fortune, me n the missus have a drinking game that mostly revolves around how many times the word provenance is used and when Fiona Bruce breaks out her impeccable French. But I often feel odd about the reveal though, weird getting excited about rich folk possibly becoming a bit richer. I’ve been enjoying this season though.

You’ll probably like secrets of the museum that’s been on.

Got a new smart tv with bells and whistles so Disney+ is no longer limited to the wifes work laptop so I’ve been watching a bunch of other stuff. I’m halfway through Summer of Soul and its brilliant, its crime that the footage was sat in a basement for all those years.

New series of Rust To Riches.
Hyped.

For some reason - despite having zero interest in the real world - I love a car modification show.
Especially ones that take builds from breakers to amazing levels.

Same, you should give this a go.

https://youtube.com/c/BadObsessionMotorsport

Two guys build a turbo charged 4wheel drive Austin Mini with all mod cons. The attention to detail and the over engineered fabrication is unreal, its been over 5 years in the making and it’s a couple of episodes from completion.

2 Likes

What’s good Amazon/Disney/Netflix tv for people in their 60’s? Brother in law got the parents a fire stick but they’re finding all the choice a bit overwhelming as they’ve never scrolled further than channel 5. Itv2 is uncharted territory. I need to give them a few options for each.

The crown?

2 Likes