The TV Thread

IMHO Set it in the late 1800’s and follow the narrators journey. Its a great story which really doesn’t need altering. Not had the joy of the BBC one, they all kind of let me down in one way or another.

Agree that tripods are probably done and these days they’d need to come in via EMP whilst taking out satellites in orbit. Just call it something different, it’s like an extended version of Black Mirrors Metalhead episode haha!

Surely is would be pointless for this production to create the 1800’s version? You’d then have two versions of exactly the same story being released in the same year as the BBC one is set in the HG Wells penned time period and came out only 6 months before this one was released?

As long as the keep the synths from Jeff Wayne’s version, I’m happy.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen the BBC version yet (wasn’t on iPlayer when I finally got around to it), but I’ll probably moan about that one too!

1 Like

Hotel I’m in has got GB News. Even more ridiculous than I imagined.

Geoffrey Boycott just said that the U.K. shouldn’t have to deal with Europeans like Napoleon(?!) annoying us anymore.

3 Likes

Bloody Napoleon. Every day, it’s something new with him…

6 Likes

Showing off with your fancy ‘can still get TV’ ways… parts of the North East has been fucked for a week and it won’t be sorted any time soon!

There’s nothing on, honestly.

2 Likes

Anyone watched Pose? I’m only a couple of episodes in to S1 but really enjoying. Wondering if it’s worth investing. So far, so good but there are 3 seasons I think.

It’s a drama set in the same sort of world that the documentary Paris is Burning focuses on.

1 Like

I didn’t realise there was a season 3. Look forward to watching that soon. Thank you!

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. As you say, the documentary which it’s based on is hugely important. I think Pose gets better as the series develops - definitely stay with it.

Most importantly it highlights the gay world from a non-white, non-cis perspective - something which had been really lacking before then. I believe most of the actors really are trans or HIV positive too.

1 Like

I remember watching an England game once (I used to be really into Cricket, got through to play for Gloucestershire when I was younger but then packed it in once I stepped on a skateboard #cmoac) and he was being incredibly rapey towards some of the cheerleaders as they did their thing on the pitch.

I seem to recall a few inappropriate words and a lot of horrible old man laughing until red in the face.

The other commentators did their best to tell him to pipe down and diffuse the situation but the damage was already done.

1 Like

Let’s boycott Boycott.

1 Like

I quite like Rust to Riches but don’t often like what they finish with. :smiley:
The latest one I watched (Series 3, No 2) I preferred the Scout before they got it.

This chap, Derek, on YouTube - Vice Grip Garage - is my favourite thing to watch at the moment.

In a nutshell he takes abandoned / non-running cars, gets them started and drives them home…

Eg. “FORGOTTEN International Scout NISSAN TURBO DIESEL - Will it RUN AND DRIVE 600 miles?”

Anyone watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix?

Yeah, struggled past the third or fourth episode.

White Lotus on now/sky is really fucking good.

1 Like

That’s about where we’re at. Really enjoyed it so far.

Just read a couple of reviews, will definitely give White Lotus a go…

Just finished. Really good! It had ‘John from Cincinnati’ vibes. Highly enjoyable.

Just started A Handmaids Tale.

Nice cheery viewing

Watched “brand new cherry flavour “ on Netflix last night .
It was actually pretty good and would recommend if you like a twisted horror thriller.

We got a bit bored and gave up on it. Started off like it was going to have a story to tell and tell it then got the feeling they were just going to spin it out for as many seasons as possible.