The TV Thread

Yeah it’s boring as fuck and really frustrating to watch.

She’s also well into Scientology in real life which kind of dampens it further.

The original film was excellent - although had the weirdest VHS cover which made it look like a Rom Com. I bought it on a recommendation and it took me a good year to get around to bothering with it just because of the cover.

I’ve never bothered with the series as I read an interview after Season 1 finished with the series producer who pretty much said they’d see how long they could keep it running for…

Started watching the new Apple TV show Mr Corman.

‘The days and nights of fifth-grade teacher Josh Corman as he struggles with anxiety, loneliness, forfeited dreams of a music career, and the sinking suspicion that he sucks as a person.’

Four episodes in and it almost feels like nothings really happened, just a lot of setting up for later and I’m hoping that it’s all going to start piecing together soon, some how.

To be fair at least the summary for that one makes it sound like nothing much will happen. But if you finish that and want to see something else where nothing much happens then I can highly recommend Lisey’s Story. After about episode five we checked to see that there were only three left, and by then it’s a sort of sunk cost fallacy where you’ve already wasted so much time you figure you might as well waste some more and see it through. Absolute rubbish.

1 Like

Sean Lock’s - 15 Storeys High as been added to iplayer in the wake of his death (RIP).

7 Likes

New series of gossip girl with Evan Mock in it is on iPlayer.

For those who want to see Evan Mock acting I guess.

1 Like

One of the episodes has a laugh track added to it. Bizarrre. The dead Swan episode I think. Makes it actually terrible.

Such an incredible (two) series. I have them all here ripped from my DVDs but MORE access is even better.
Everyone should watch this show.

Blue Rat.

1 Like

Re: The Handmaid’s Tale
Just read the book. It’s really, really good. It’s a real literary work of art but still very accessible. All Margaret Atwood’s books are worth a read.

3 Likes

The Testaments was good as well.

I like the TV show but it has its dull moments. When it’s good it’s really good. I love it

Enjoyed most of Count Me In, the drumming documentary on Netflix, though it reminded me how much I hate motley crue and all that shite.
And they were predictably sniffy about drum machines as if we don’t know they don’t have human “feel”, that’s kind of the point, and it doesn’t have to be either or, you can like both for different reasons

That vigil on bbc seems to have legs.
Only one ep in, watch it weekly or save and do it in one shot? Decisions decisions.

Oh, it’s on every day? Fuck it then.

Married at First Sight starts again. Fucking trainwreck telly but Im going to watch it

2 Likes

Chanel 4, keeping up the trend of making stupid people famous circa Big Brother

1 Like

Every Sunday from now…

Vigil is excellent - really enjoying it.

I’ve got Stephen on the recorder to watch tonight… I hope I can see past Coogan playing a non-comedic role.

Literally just pressed play

Is that “surviving 9/11”

I binged ‘Time’ last night. Also binged seven cans of Heineken whilst sat on my arse. Good enough to reiterate the point that I don’t want to ever land in prison.

1 Like