The TV Thread

Will check out the 9/11 one. Can’t believe it’s 20 years already.

Time was great, Sean Bean is so shite at acting though, stealing a living.

1 Like

Granted he’s not got the biggest range out there but he’s alright isn’t he?

Watched the first part last night. Damn…so well made. Will peep part two tonight.

1 Like

I was surprised he didn’t die at the end!

1 Like

I present in support of the case for the prosecution, exhibit A:

He virtually turns this into a comedy for the first 20 minutes

2 Likes

Haha, I liked those scenes. “what’s the colour of the boat house at hear-ford?”

1 Like

Yeah that and when he’s firing his machine gun like he’s in an episode of The A-Team from the 80’s

I mean he was meant to be playing an unconvincing bullshitter, I suppose it’s possible he went in a bit hard on the unconvincing.

Exhibit B has to be Golden Eye: “for England James!”

That said, I still have soft spot for him. As said, he was great in Time, and don’t forget his creepy turn in Red Riding.

2 Likes

Red Riding was amazing. Always worth a rewatch…

Watched first two episodes of White Lotus and really can’t see what the hype is about, I the ‘satire’ feels way too on the nose and can’t invest in a bunch of rich people being dickheads.

Heard nothing but great things so anyone who’s watched it if I didn’t like the first two is it worth sticking with? Since its only 6 eps

I finished it yesterday. Same deal, really.
It was fun but took me a while to get into it.

I don’t really get the hype but it was pretty good…

1 Like

I enjoyed it. Very slow and surprised it was only 6 eps but I liked it. Wouldn’t rewatch it but deffo worth one viewing.

The new Mortimer Whitehouse Gone Fishing was just the loveliest telly.

6 Likes

I’ve not watched it yet but started re-watching the older ones when I was on holiday. Love it.

New series of Ghosts is good family telly too.

3 Likes

Didn’t know there was a new one, ta

1 Like

Yep. I smiled the whole way through!

1 Like

I watched it wearing my pyjamas and my dressing gown which might’ve helped too. I just feel so relaxed.

I need to retire in the Outer Hebrides. Big stack of books. Music. Booze. Fuck all else.

1 Like

Need some WiFi for the forum mind