The TV Thread

Finished The Witcher season 2. Meh. The narrative was all over the place. I was convinced I must have missed an episode because it jumps about 8 months without any explanation or comment. The first season was better

1 Like

Just finished Death to 2021. Fuck. Humans.

2 Likes

I never finished the first season for this reason, I kept having to check if I’d missed an episode. That and cavils wonky contact lenses were pretty distracting. I’ve never played the games nor read the books so I found it hard to want to keep watching.

Really looking forward to fett though, I really like weekly releases instead binging the while lot, just enough time to digest and speculate.

1 Like

Book of boba fett first episode was rad as fuck. Especially his survival story from ROTJ - I was shouting at the TV like the 7 year old I was back then . This looks like its gonna be a great series .

2 Likes

I can’t put my finger on why exactly, but I felt a bit underwhelmed by it. I’ll need to watch it again to figure it out.

I was definitely bored by the ambush/rooftop chase sequence. Seen that shit a million times. No real threat, just an obstacle to slow things down.

1 Like

Because they turn up as levels in computer games later… that aside, it was dope as hell, the first episode dealt with him escaping the Sarlacc and how he learn’t to survive on Tatooine. Which was always going too be needed answered sooner or later, so it’s out of the way now. I’ve always said it but Jawas are gangster as fuck… team “Utinni”

4 Likes

Only recently subbed to Disney+ so am playing catch up with The Mandalorian at the mo. I thought the episode where he was shooting / disintegrating Jawas was savage.

Might have to pull an all-nighter to watch the whole lot or mute this thread for a bit!

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: etc

2 Likes

Oh fuck, no spoilers but let me know how you reacted to the last episode of season two please, once you’ve watched it!!!

3 Likes

Will do voodoo.

1 Like

Yeah, do not look up anything. Heavy spoilers are out there.

Book of Boba was cool. I didn’t like the American dude/mayor emissary who was the same type of alien as bib fortuna tho. He pulled me right out of it as it felt so “guest star of the week!” with his shit accent.

2 Likes

Watched Under the Helmet last night in prep. Great character.

Matt Berry doing Droid voice! Monster of the week! Jawa gaffi stick to the dome! Ending storyboards!

I’m cool with it.

1 Like

Mando is THE ONE!

1 Like

Fucking loved it.

Everyone does the screencrush Easter eggs on YouTube like they did with the mandalorian right?

1 Like

I don’t know if it was smashscreen but I did watch one about all the Bible, Egypt, Hollywood biblical movie and spaghetti westerns references… plus all the throw backs to the original Star Wars films of course. The B’omarr Monks have been teased in the trailers, not seen anyone talk about them yet but it’d be rad to see a little bit more about them, as they were seen lurking about in Jaba’s Place, in Return of the Jedi too. So they must like it there?

It’s a beardy guy in a fake video shop that goes into all the deep cuts of all the references, from all the films, tv shows and books etc, it’s great.

Also on that helmet doc George Lucas popped up and it’s rad because he is pretty much the richest person that ever lived and he’s dressed like he’s just popping down B&Q for some nails and that heavy duty glue. ‘He should be in mad Versace shirts’ I thought. Cut to the kid that played young boba fett and he’s wearing this mad Versace shirt.
Had a little chuckle to myself.

3 Likes

I think it was that one, a fake Blockbusters? George Lucas is a likeable oddball for sure…

1 Like

Reasonably enjoying The Tourist so far.

1 Like

Yeah it’s been much better than I expected. Couple episodes to go. Hoping it stays strong until the end!

1 Like

Has anyone watched any of Station Eleven yet?

It’s getting really good review. Will probably start watching it tonight…

The tone of it is all over the place but I assume it’s deliberately so. Going to stay with it and hope they stick the ending…