The TV Thread

For my sins I was watching The Witcher the other night. Anyway noticed one of the locations where he was prancing along by a lake seemed familiar and it’s a spot where I’d just been last week, middle of nowhere as well.

3 Likes

Had a few people suggest ‘Don’t Look Up’ and say it’s great. Then a few others say it’s shit.

Watched it tonight. What a load of utter fucking tripe.

2 Likes

What made it so tripe for you?

Wasn’t funny. Over exaggerated characters. Stupid storyline. Tried to make it all the way through to the end because I love Leo but I was very disappointed.

This was probably intentional but it just felt like they went too far. Found them annoying haha

Thanks for the pointer, hadn’t heard of this. It’s better than I expected!

Anyone watching Dopesick? Pretty interesting/gnarly look into the opioid crisis in the 90s in Appalachia with Michael Keaton. Im enjoying it

I hate to break this to you…

1 Like

Yer, did this.
It’s great. I like the back and forth storyline. Looks good, amazing acting but fuck me it’s just so bleak.
Luckily it’s on Disney so you can watch little mermaid straight after.

1 Like

Ended quite strongly to be honest. Thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through. Surprise BBC hit.

@sk8arrog8 @Les_Zeppelin here’s an interesting watch for you Brian Cox Breaks Down The Science Behind Don’t Look Up - SPOILERS! | Netflix - YouTube

1 Like

Sick. Will watch later!

Silent Sea was banging I thought

Usually I avoid ITV but ‘Anne’ has been fucking brilliant so far. Wouldn’t expect anything less with Maxine Peake though.

fucked up by watching toast of tinseltown before ep 2 of boba felt.
when the matt berry robot spoke I lost it.

4 Likes

Purely guess work, so not a spoiler… They are investing a lot of time into the Tusken Raiders, that you’d have to think they are going to become important later on. I think they’ll dip out for a few episodes, the audience will sort of forget them, then they’ll swoop back in and save the day when Boba Fett goes up against the Hutts and the other crime bosses, just as all hope seems lost. Boba Fett only seems to have Fennec and two Gamorrean guards as back up at the moment. Which isn’t going to get you far. Probably completely wrong though.

3 Likes

Trying with spoiler avoidance here but I really liked this second episode. From being scared of the Tuscan raiders as a kid, to seeing Anakin fuck them up in (IIRC) EP2 and this, it’s just story and lore expansion. Enjoyable to this old fool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Episode 2 was excellent. IMO I think they would have benefitted from trimming the fat from the first episode and combining it with the second episode to make an hour (or so) long special episode to launch the series.

I didn’t find the first episode to be as strong as it could have been.

3 Likes

Had no idea Toast was back with a new series :heart:

1511542586-toast-london-matt-berry-yes

3 Likes