The TV Thread

Just finished it. It’s mental isn’t it.

I found some of the photography a bit jarring and excessive, but Colman and Thewlis are amazing (obviously). I love things where you empathise with the bad guys.

1 Like

Yeah some of the cowboy imagery seemed overdone, but I get it’s use, but I really liked the deconstructed set/meta stage play within the drama. Thought it was really cool

Not sure whether to think long and hard about it for a bit or never think about it ever again.

Well forget my BoBF theory, oops. Not feeling the Cyber Punk Quadrophenia gang yet (they’re in the trailers, no spoiler). The rest was great though! I was super bummed that it ended after hyping me up for…

1 Like

Yeah, there was some really good shit in that episode but Cyber Punk Quadrophenia gang were straight outta a 1993 TV show (and the effects around them was all very Attack of the Clones weak looking shite).

2 Likes

Anyone see that thing with Stephen Merchant as a serial killer? Creepy as hell but what the cops did or didn’t do was the worst bit.

1 Like

I’d like to watch that but I’m staying with my parents in law while my bathroom is getting redone and it doesn’t sound like cosy viewing.

1 Like

I Escaped To The Country is my new favourite. Just love gawping at lovely houses I will never own.

Im enjoying Sarah Beenys new life int the country.

Definitely want to build a house in the middle of nowhere

Is this what they are slowly flying about on?

4 Likes

Finally got round to watching Squid Games. Brilliant.

It’s forgettable.

Really not that good.

2 Likes

H8ers Gonna H8.

1 Like

I disagree. They had a vision and ran with it very well. The set design and character development stood out for me a lot. There was a lot of humanity which was nice to see.

I loved the way that the paintings gradually appeared in the hall as the games progressed.

Will watch again in the future.

There was also a lot of stupidity.

Agree the design was good but that’s the only memorable thing.

The original Battle Royale film was way better than this and is good the second or third time around too.

I won’t watch this again.

I’ll watch Battle Royale and get back to you.

2 Likes

I found Battle Royale a bit too repetitive personally. Squid Game has much more variety but there were definitely negative sides as well.

Not that Dexter was actually a great show or anything (it was more of an easy going background watch) but the re-boot was really shite. Total nonsense.

Quite amused by the fact that Matt Berry keeps banging on about ‘starring in the new Star Wars movie’ (much to the disbelief of everyone) in the new Toast series…but actually does have a role in the new Star Wars show.

Gold.

It has to have been written knowing this, right?

7 Likes

The latest Boba Fett episode was great. Tied up some loose ends and made very obvious cues as to the next steps for the series.

The Sarlacc pit scene was excellent.

2 Likes