The TV Thread

Binged The Responder. I thought it was going to be a bit more nitty, gritty, day to day stuff with a bit of dark humour relief in places, as it was written by an ex Copper/Responder. I wasn’t expecting it to be some big caper (which didn’t really take that much to sort out and make go away in the end, especially considering what happened to other people caught up in it and why was that girls face so punchable as well? Started it all and walking around with a smile most of the time).

I’m on last episode and it’s amazing.

Had no idea what it was going to be about and jumped right in.

Caper makes it sound stupid.

It’s like a lock stock style shit show of people being shady.

It was really great.

I thought the two scallies where played perfectly, but it was a whole thing, ect… Lock Stock is a cockney caper!

The whole thing was pretty well acted.

His wife had this weird pixie look going on. Defo marmite hot girls thread.

Yeah, I just think it’s easy to turn the scally role in to a parody and they didn’t. The good guy, bad guy, you kind of know where you are with that as an actor. I didn’t say it wasn’t good. It was. Just wasn’t what I expected, never said that was a bad thing too. His wife suited the hair, not many ladies can pull the pixie look off.

Has anyone else watched The Woman in the house across the street from the girl in the window?

It’s stupid, don’t bother.

Isn’t it supposed to be though?

Yeah but it’s not funny. It’s a parody without any humour.

It’s just a miss.

Can’t be as bad as sex education which my wife is watching now. Almost physically shit.

2 Likes

My wife has been through every episode, I’ve not even managed to stomach walking past the telly when it’s on. When a new season gets released it’s always in the top 10 as well, which means millions of households are being put in the same position as us. I’m actually confused as to how something so unbelievably shit and contrived can not only be made, but actually popular.

It’s definitely the worst thing on netflix. even phil collins daughter in paris is better, and that’s fucking terrible.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of it and i have absolutely no fucking clue what it’s trying to be. It’s like some sort of St Trinians thing but everything looks American but filled with these weird British people who don’t act like humans and it looks like it’s set in the 80s but they also use smartphones.

I’ve done the washing up and gone to bed.

1 Like

Iv avoided this like the plague.

1 Like

Quoting myself like a knob, but I’m enjoying this new season. Maybe not as good as s3 but it’s definitely keeping me guessing throughout

Just finished Archive 81. Kept me watching, had some genuinely eerie and spooky moments and at times I thought it was going to be great, but ultimately it was pretty unsatisfying and had a corny Ghostbusters-esque finale.

Worth a watch as long as you don’t expect too much.

1 Like

Shogun Assassin moment in BOBF this week. Sorta.

Another good ep. Literally can’t say anything without spoilers being given away.

2 Likes

Fuck not watched it yet and spoilers are starting to pop all over the internet! I’m out till I’ve watched it…

Prediction - Luke trains Mando how to use the Darksaber?

1 Like

Season 15 of ‘it’s always sunny in Philadelphia “ on Netflix and it’s off to a good start already. Proper ripping on current affairs in the way they do best .

3 Likes

I finished it today. Its not the best but had some good moments. Frank is still the best character