UFC / MMA Thread

Will they feed him Plumbers and DPD drivers like they did to that Geordie Shore guy? Most Likely!

Yeah he was the original guy on Beyond the Octagon on BT Sport

I canā€™t wait for that, on at a decent time in the UK too, shame they decided to put it on BT Box Office, not that it will stop anyone from watching it!

BT really is pulling some solid bullshit on that. I assume itā€™s because Conor will be in the audience; he seems to be ramping up his comeback preparations (40min interview with Helwani today etc). I subscribed to BT Sport initially just because I couldnā€™t be arsed torrenting UFC events any more; the fact theyā€™ve improved since then is a bonus. Itā€™s gotten more and more expensive over the last few years and then they add the Box Office thing for certain ppv events and itā€™s beginning to get dodgy in my eyes.

If I remember right itā€™s a trial with a select number of PPVs or shall I say unknown number aka when we please! Haha

I wonder if heā€™s on weight to stand in?

Complete interview is on at 1am on espn2

Ah nice one mate. Yeah I wonā€™t watch that interview because I canā€™t stand the bloke but I canā€™t deny heā€™s great to watch fight. Have you read Jack Slackā€™s book Notorious thatā€™s part biography, part essay on the technical aspects of McGregorā€™s style? Itā€™s brilliant. His podcast Fights Gone By is genuinely great as well.

Yeah and back on about BT I only hope that PPV trial will fall flat on its arse. I canā€™t understand how people can think that the PPV model would catch on here when it involves staying up until 6am, but people have done it for years with boxing and WWE so maybe Iā€™m the one thatā€™s wrong?

It was a pretty good interview, Ariel asked him some blunt questions and I think we are seeing the 2013 Conor again that will coincide with the book you mentioned, I havenā€™t read, but thatā€™s the part Iā€™ve always been interested in about him. Cheers for that!

A lot of training and relationship rumours confirmed too and I think he really has had a crash back to earth and does have a grip on reality at last. Seems to be respecting the game and knowing his place rather than being the golden boy people think he is. Interesting times.

I just wish UFC did an all in option on fightpass. WWF app has pretty much a full library and all PPVS live included for 9.99 a month

1 Like

On the subject of that book, thereā€™s a second edition now which is way more substantial and includes the 2nd Diaz, Alvarez and Mayweather fights. Well worth looking at.

I think heā€™s going to be just like Jones. Come over all humble but still fuck up through his own arrogance, hubris and lack of discipline. Itā€™s a shame because he obviously loves martial arts, evidenced by him turning up as you say in random BJJ and boxing gyms just to roll/spar/learn. Heā€™s just a deeply flawed individual in terms of his lack of self-control.

He has become the typical story of get mega rich fast, everyone becomes a yes man and your old mates you should ditch still surround you drawing you back into previous life. Full on Mile Tyson esq

Hopefully he can bounce back from being a nob sack, time will tell I guess!

1 Like

Nate look great at welterweight vs pettis going back to the last event. him vs masvidal is a great fight in the pipe line. love the baddest mother fucker in the game belt stick as well.

also props to nate giving masvidal the big money fight he deserves, that will do ridiculous PPV number.

is also a smart move i think from nate. Cobly will fight usman for the title now leaving masvidal in the wings. by fighting masvidal he potentially gives himslf a title shot in 2 fights at welterweight if he wins by beating pettis who was ranked 4 or 5 and then potentially the numer 3 guy in masvidal

Just got Bispingā€™s book. Will report back.

Holla when you finished it, donā€™t want to throw spoilers up

Sick, did you like it?

It brought back cool memories from when I first got into MMA all the way to the Manchester fight against Henderson. Iā€™ve heard a lot of the stuff he talks about before but itā€™s rad to have it all out together!

1 Like

Bellator is sick!

You see last nights?

Nope where can I watch?

YES PLEASE.

I canā€™t wait for Khabib vs Ferguson. Tonyā€™s erraticism and his unconventional and active guard are the only things I can see giving Khabib trouble on the ground. I still think Khabib will probably grind him out in the end, but itā€™ll be fun to watch.

Obligatory meme promo

I thought that whole card was pretty shitty. Pretty much zero striking fights.

Prelims had all the KOā€™s

This one being Evil

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.sportbible.com/ufc/news-mma-azaitar-destroys-packalen-with-single-punch-in-vicious-ko-at-ufc-242-20190907.amp.html