UFC / MMA Thread

I’ve never seen anyone go into convulsions that badly before. Absolutely horrifying KO. Imagine getting absolutely starched by Marc Diakese, taking two years off, and that’s what happens in your return. MMA is a brutal sport.

He was up in time for the decision somehow

Human body is weird. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s fine per se but it’s a good sign nonetheless

Talking of KOs did anyone watch Cage Warriors unplugged 2 on Friday?

I won’t spoil it but that was a sick night!

We were at the Diakese one! Ruthless.

1 Like

Those G’s behind us when Marc was being interviewed, “what country is he from, I can’t understand a word he’s saying?”

“He’s from Brum mate”

“Ahhhh I see, different language up there!”

Was a well good night of fights!

1 Like

They were so funny. Was gutted with the people around us this year, well boring.

Eddie bravo made some good points regarding tony on the ground, most guys, porier included, wasted a lot of energy battling with khabib trying to get to their feet once he takes them down. they panic being on the ground with him. tony wont, he will be like ok fuck it now were on the ground, lets go mother fucker. along those lines, also tony has insane cardio so the grind of khabib on the ground wont wear him down like other fighters.

i mean i think khabib will win, he is just relentless but tony more than others will be dangerous because he is also so unconventional in his attacks and his striking.

if tony cant get it done i cant see anyone else at lightweight managing it.

maybe GSP at a catchweight or welterweight? people forget how good GSP is on the ground.

Aslo diaz/masvidal in november. fuck yeah!

1 Like

Sick card Saturday Night. Gaethje First Round KO - standard.

Cirkunov Peruvian Necktie Sub was nuts!

That was so savage, he turned, then Crute’s neck just popped out the back looking like that. Was a quick tap once he got in that position – and here’s to hoping ref’s are quick enough. But there are so many vids online of a ref holding a submitted fighters hand to see if he is still conscious, his hand will be dropping but the ref still lets the fight continue. Thats when its sketchy I think.

surely its time for cowboy to see that the ride is over now. hes had a great run but he cant beat the top guys at lightweight much the same way he did all he could at welterwight. age is probably against him now. at this point you must surely start to take stock and worry about CTE. yeah hes entertaining and active but whats the point of fighting 6 times a year when you take a hammering in 3 of them?

1 Like

For pure entertainment.

When he gets announced on a card you know it will be a good fight.

There’s no shame in being a gatekeeper, though. Yeah, he’s never winning the title, but he still can beat a raft of very, very good fighters. The MMA fandom as a whole is terrible at flip-flopping from “he is one of the best ever” to “he’s washed and should retire” based on one result.

Fedor, BJ Penn, Chris Leben. These are the sort of people who should not be fighting. Cerrone is not in that sort of state.

I thought UFC refused Penn another fight?

true i agree im thinking purely in a how much longer does he need to be doing it and taking damage really. i know he has it ion him to beat probably 75% of the division but when he gets lit up he tends to take a hammering, Till, Masvidal, furguson and now this fight. a beat down is a beat down, who need 3 of those a year, its a good idea to avoid excessive damage if you dont need to

Bellator Dublin on Channel 5 10pm tonight

1 Like

Whittaker/Adesanya on Saturday has all the potential to be an absolutely hellacious banger. Cannot wait.

1 Like

Ragin Al v Dan Hooker should be interesting

I think Al is held in higher stead than his abilities and accomplishments state he should be; I see Hooker piecing him up, but it should be a fun watch.

Fuck lol if I was a footy lad and went down the bookies I had tuvasa to lose not going past 2 rounds, Hooker by Dec and Adasanya by 2nd KO.

Pretty obvious to be fair, Tuvasa is fat and only good at drinking piss out of a shoe. Hookers reach and Al’s heart would get him to round 5 but be beaten down every round and Bobby Knuckles is just that, playing straight into Izzy’s style.

As for Izzy next, he’s suppose to face Costa but JBJ sounds like more fun to me

He can leave that entrance dance at the door next time though