UFC / MMA Thread

I like to think I’m in it for the pure sporting aspect and I hate all that frivolous bollocks, but as the fights get closer, without fail I always get sucked in. I end up wanting the cheesiest, most low-brow shit ever hooked directly to my veins.

1 Like

Covington coming out with Kurt Angle to Make America Great Again.

and the hype train thing is what really gets me about the UFC. diaz vs masvidal only happened because an already super popular fighter in diaz made it so and once againafter the event is getting fucked by the UFC. dont get me wrong diaz was losing that fight but there were two rounds left and anything can happen.

now diaz called out masvidal and everyone creamed their pants, so much so they mad eup the title for it and made a belt too. not many fighers can get that to happen from a simple call out.

Diaz is a huge sell for the ufc yet the continually fuck him over. i dont know the ay per view numbers for the bmf fight but i bet they are huge. the ammount of money he has made for the ufc with that fight, the two conor fights and probably the spike in numbers on the card when he fought pettis must be huge.

yet they still cant do the decent thing by him and give him a rematch. they rushed the fight through once it got momentum and diaz never complained about the timing, even though if you watch the pettis fight he was cut badly in that and the bmf fight never gave him suitable time to heal. but he still fought. the way they treat him and others too, including masvidal in the past with insulting pay purses and demanding they fight johnny no body when they have clearly paid their dues is a joke. yet as soon a till wins two fights on arrival, hype! askren turns up, shit decision against lawler, hype! look what happened to those 2 next big things, KO, KO, KO.

i think diaz deserves a rematch, im not saying hell win but without him that fight never happened and all those millions were never generated, there seems with the ufc to be no give and all take, yet they cant see what they have right in front of their face and continually over hype these next best things.

their business model makes almost as little sense as F1 and the lack of competition for both and options for its competitors seem to me the only reasons they dont fold in on themselves

and they still gave CM Punk 2 fights ennit.

I cant get behind the BMF belt just based on the fact Benson Henderson beat them both.

2 Likes

That’s definitely the blue print, just look when people like Conor hid away in Iceland when he was smoking everyone, JBJ when he first won the title, going between a garage in NY to Jackson’s. Close circle with only the fight ahead going on is the perfect headspace I think, and it shows like you said with Masvidal now looking better than the journey man he was becoming, killed Till and Askren, and fuck , Till pretty much did the same thing now.

CM Punk was a funny one, being a wrestling fan too I know at the time he was at the peak of his popularity and in the States had genuinely broken through to that mainstream level of popular success that hadn’t been seen since The Rock and Austin (except maybe John Cena) when he announced he was transitioning to MMA, what were the UFC to do? Sign him as a licence to print money, or allow him to go to one of their competitors and draw eyes to them. It was a damned if you do, damned if you don’t moment.

As for Diaz being fucked over, in my opinion the doctor stopping that fight was sweet relief and actually the best case scenario for him. He gets a nice long suspension, during wish he can sound off that his loss was bullshit, and angle it into another fight he definitely doesn’t deserve based off his record over the last few years. I’ve never understood why he draws as many eyes as he does.

anyone else got fightpass ? the new layout im finding a total ball ache, is it just me using it badly? i cant seem to find events with the whole card broken down into individual fights now, it seems the whole card in one stream or nothing so you have to scan though to find the fight you are looking for.

they whole lay out kind of sucks

i think the same people who made UFC’s website did it haha

I fucking hate it.

Diaz v Masvidal card has the fights underneath. Polaris the other week don’t, and an old strikeforce I was watch hasn’t either.

Twunts fucked it up again!

Still laughing at the UFC website inside

1 Like

watched an old strike force last night and the last round of the main event was missing

It’s so annoying as for the actual collection of content is amazing. Even uploaded the Dana Vlogs.

He surely can’t be happy to just take the payday.

Connor is finished if he looses this. Cerrone (as much as I like him) is the test fighter – if you can beat him then its on to the big leagues.

Some amazing KO’s at UFC250 last weekend.

DC final fight tonight. Should be sick

well that was some beautiful grappling

1 Like

Wow. I mean fair play retired because of his Dad. Pure dominance in 8 years of UFC.

Anybody just catch Max Holloway’s performance against Calvin Kattar tonight? It’s one people will talk about for years to come. The absolute stuff of legend. Pretty good card from top to bottom, but the main event was unbelievable.

Yes. Sick main card tonight.

I was streaming it on my phone at work and it was everything I could do to not start yelling at the top of my lungs. Giggling under my breath like a psycho while Max Holloway threw the most attempted strikes in UFC history.

1 Like