UFC / MMA Thread

Absolutely crazy. They should have stopped Max’s fight in the 4th. Katter was out on his feet, literally the cage keeping him up.

That was the kind of fight that changes your career. His corner should have stopped it. I can’t believe they were telling him to go out and get a finish in the 5th. Like fuck was that happening.

Big one tonight. Who we got in the main event?!

4 Likes

Dan Hooker hopefully going to fuck Chandler up.

Gunna go with Connor, looked impeccable at Weigh-In, no drinking, this is prime Connor. But Dustin is a different beast than 7 years ago.

I just hope it’s a good fight. I still haven’t forgiven Conor for the blue-balls he gave me when the Aldo fight ended in less than 30 seconds. Also I’d been (and still am) an Aldo fan since I’d started watching the UFC in about 2010. I’d still love to see a rematch between them to be honest, but with Aldo now down at 135 it’ll never happen unless Conor cuts one of his legs off.

As for tonight’s fight, I can’t see Dustin being able to deal with Conor’s straight hitting and the southpaw double attack. The shoulder-roll style boxing he’s developed over the last few years is awesome for dealing with conventional wrestle-boxers and kickboxers, but I don’t think it translates well to Conor’s style. Dustin is a really underrated grappler and a legit, legit black belt in BJJ so he could give Conor serious sweats there, but to be honest I don’t think it’ll get there unless he manages to outlast Conor’s onslaught in the early rounds.

I know it’s not the question to ask, but are you watching on box office or have you got a stream? If I was at home and we weren’t in the middle of a pandemic I’d have bought it and had some mates round or find a pub screening it, but watching alone just wouldn’t be worth it and definitely not while at work.

Wow. Dustin chopped him up then dropped him.

Chandler win, not hyped.

1 Like

Chandler looks like an absolute monster!

No interest in UFC but put a bet on that McGregor fella losing so ice creams are on me.

1 Like

Haha nice! What you stick it on.

Raspberry sauce and 100s + 1000s when the options there

1 Like

Couldn’t be happier. Hopefully Dustin got paid and the best divisions can go back to not being held up by bullshit.

Sandhagens flying knee!

Unreal.

Usman looks unstoppable at Welterweight. In the same consecutive wins bracket as Jones, GSP etc

Him vs a full camp Masvidal could be interesting… Looks like this could happen with UFC trying to find coaches for TUF.

Also, the first fight on the main card Pitolo vs Marquez was the best fight i’ve seen in ages. Pitolo’s wrestling totally dominating Marquez, who comes back in the 3rd to win by darce in the last minute. Incredible!

1 Like

Was a bit underwhelmed by the usman fight tbh. I just find his fights a bit like that. I don’t know why. Colby fight was good I guess. I wonder if full camp masvidal has enough to stop him? I am edging towards not.

Sounds like if Edwards vs colby gets made the winner fights usman.

Also find it interesting Edwards is so against fighting wonderboy. I think Leon is in trouble on both of those fights , but he needs something soon now kasmat fights off again

Very much doubt Masvidal could do anything to seriously worry Usman. Doesn’t have Burns’ power or BJJ, Colby’s wrestling, volume striking or cardio, nor any of what prime Woodley had. People forget that Usman beating up Woodley for 5 rounds was a shocking upset, and at that point Woodley had beaten an absolute murderer’s row without breaking a sweat until the Wonderboy fights. Usman just looks more and more complete with every performance. Ridiculous strength, 100% takedown defence throughout his entire professional career, tight and powerful jab and despite having shit knees, mobility and flexibility.

The I could see Gastelum troubling him if he dropped back down from middleweight, but also he looks good enough there that it might be diminishing returns. Leon Edwards is an interesting one but hasn’t fought in so long it’s impossible to know where he is at this point.

I agree if gastelum dropped down he would be a problem fir a lot of guys at 170 but he struggled to make 170 multiple times and missed it completely before. Maybe a more disciplined kelvin could do it, he should has his power would cause problems for sure. Look at his fight with till and also stylebender. Even the huge reach advantage isn’t a problem as he just keeps marching forward and has a very good guard

2 Likes

No way Gastelum is making 170 these days

2 Likes

This was worth staying up for. Black Beast dropping absolute bombs.

Black Beast with the DX chops after!

1 Like