Video Games

nothing there.

I don’t want to get into game morals again but fuck, in what world is shooting someone in the face in a real world scenario fun? Blows my fucking mind (no pun intended)

1 Like

Got myself a Pro Controller.

First game I played was Tetris and, after a shocking couple of games followed by a Google, found out that sometimes left or right movement on the D-Pad registers an up or down. Perfect for unwanted fast drops.

Stoked.

Cyberpunk is buggy as fuck (playing on an OG Xbox One, anyway). Nothing game ruining, just distracting. I had a cutscene in the prologue where something that was meant to be there, wasn’t, and it took the engagement/emotion out what was obviously meant to be an important moment.

Also, if you paid a lot of attention to the pre-release videos and whatnot then basically nothing in the (six hour long) prologue will surprise you. That said, as soon as I didn’t have a clue where the story was gonna go, I was glued to it.

Enemies are also bullet sponges for most of the game’s opening but once you figure out upgrading, modding weapons the combat gets pretty fun and satisfying.

Overall, the strength of the game is it’s story. If you enjoyed the conversational aspect of Mass Effect it will be up your street.

Kinda hoping the game gives the cyberpunk genre a random burst of popularity and someone finally adapts Neuromancer into a film.

Last of all, Johnny Silverhand is a dick but Keanu makes him likeable.

Not played myself, but friends have and speaking to them think you gotta look at this like an RPG game under a First Person Shooter bonnet. It’s not like COD where you just mow people down.

Anyone been playing Hades?

The unanimous praise is more than justified, the game is a legit masterpiece

I’m really enjoying it. There’s some good, dark little stories hidden away in the side quests. The world is great too, like a mash up of Akira, Bladerunner and the Dredd movie (not the Stallone one). However the state of it wrt crashing constantly is unforgiveable really. Playing on a PS5 and it seems to reliably shit the bed once you’re been playing for more than about an hour and a half. Fortunately it saves itself often and loads quickly so it hasn’t really bothered me too much but yeah, not good.

Deffo more RPG than FPS, as I said the best part of the game is in the way you interact with other characters, and I don’t care for games like COD anyway so I’m not under that impression.

But I’ve had a few instances where say… I’ve been sneaking through an area and come across an enemy, so I’ve gone into my inventory to swap a main weapon for a pistol that’s powerful, added a silencer, hacked some security to distract them, lined up a headshot only for it not to kill them in one shot. Then your whole cover is blown and the rest of the mission plays out differently.

It’s moments like that where I felt the ‘bullet sponge’ thing, and found it frustrating, more so than in general combat.

That’s kinda what I meant by it not being a FPS, it’s based off a tabletop RPG so going to rely on random number generators and not headshot= instant kill like CoD. No doubt a bit jarring at first

Preordered an Xbox Series S last week and it’s just been dispatched.

So hyped to play Skate again. Also never played Halo first time round as I was always on PS. Looking forward to working my way through those.

Had been waiting for PS5 but I’m so bored that I just went with whatever was available soonest. Plus it’s only £250!

1 Like

Is that it cheaper because it doesn’t have a disk drive?

Yeah and it’s slightly lower spec than the X. But still an improvement from previous.

Get Skater XL, it’s so much more satisfying than Skate 3 once you get into it.

I’ve been playing Session a fair bit recently and it’s really good. It’s not a finished game yet but it’s so satisfying just skating around and learning tricks, proper hard though.

There’s a new update supposed to be coming out at some point this here, it’ll update the physics, introduce new maps and a stats menu.

The progress compared to SkaterXL is much better.

1 Like

I haven’t paid much attention to session as it’s not on PS4, looks good from a cursory investigation

1 Like

Session and Skater XL both dogshit.

EA Skate got the mechanics right just need new maps.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’ll go to playstation once it’s released properly.
I got the Tony Hawk remastered game just before Christmas but completed it after a weekend. Surprised how easy it is to remember secret tape locations, special moves etc on a game you haven’t played for about 20 years!

Found it incredibly frustrating to the point of not being fun. Incredibly well thought out but think it lost that it’s a computer game and became like a simulator. Was getting just as frustrated trying tricks on that game as I would in real life. Not for me. Skate had the best controls for a skateboarding game for me.

If you’ve got them on PC, they’re not.

Session’s got the best controls, they just need to sort out the turning which should be sorted in 0.06.

1 Like