Video Games

Started playing Skate 3 again now it’s on game pass. It’s harder than I remember, but so good to just zone out for half an hour with.

1 Like

Skater XL is ok but it feels like the demo discs you used to get for Playstations 20 years where its one map and you’re on a timer

1 Like

The lack of maps on console is annoying.

@Brewer I can totally understand how it doesn’t feel fun, it took ages to get into for me and I was pretty close to giving up until I had the epiphany that you don’t push the sticks for popping, you pull them down and let go. Watched a few how to videos too, as the tutorial/amount of help the game gives you is shit. I’m a big fan of games you have to kinda master though, so not for everyone.

Will give it a go with that tip, cheers. I think the problem with having both sticks used for individual movement of the skater means that turning becomes a trick in itself. I may be wrong as I never even finished all the initial trick lists, but once they’re done there’s no challenges right? You’re sort of just free skating around?

Yeah, just doing whatever. As said, it’s more simulator than game with a storyline

Played a fair bit of skaterXL but got bored of it after a while, enjoyed the controls and figuring it all out but the maps just feel to empty and lifeless, Enjoyable for a while. Went back and decided to complete all the skate games in order again, that was enjoyable while its been wet.

Definitely! I was ready to throw my controller through the TV and then all of a sudden it just clicked. I love the fact that you can’t just Ollie shoulder height. It feels so satisfying to land basic tricks. Backside lipslides on rails feel so, so good.
Updates are making it a little more forgiving now too.

That actually sounds cool, you have to work to lean tricks, like real skateboarding.

I wish games still had demos. I sort of like the idea of this but on the other hand a game where I am just as shit at skateboarding as I am in real life might just piss me off.

2 Likes

I miss demos too. I think Steam have quite a good return policy though?

I also worry whether games will run on my PC.

Yeah, once you get past the fact that it’s not Skate or Tony Hawk where you’ll land everything it’s actually really satisfying.
Defo end up getting in the zone where you can string a few tricks together and feel like a bad ass.
Also being able to put your own style into tricks, tweaking nose grinds or salading your
5-0’s.
It might not be for everyone and it feels like its been in production/testing stages for ever with slow progress but I love it.

3 Likes

Id like them to sort out the physics, you can boost 8ft flips out of a curb… If it was lowered and more realistic (like hardcore in skate) it’d be a lot better I reckon

1 Like

I always play on easy or whatever. It makes backflips out of curb cuts easier.

Fucking royal mail were supposed to deliver my Xbox today and they said “we tried but nobody was home”.

STOP LYING ITS FUCKING LOCKDOWN EVERYONE’S HOME

I had to reschedule for Monday because pickup wasn’t available. Then they told me I can pick it up tomorrow. Website says I can’t change my settings because I’ve already rescheduled the delivery…

Hopefully I can still go pick it up from the depot tomorrow.

Battlefront 2 is free on Epic this week for any PC types.

I’m pretty fed up with these scalper cunts stealing ps5 stock, I hope a stack of consoles
crushes them to death.

Didn’t get a chance to buy one from Game this morning or from Smyth’s yesterday as I was working but by all accounts stock was gone before it went live.

1 Like

Just finished Last of Us Pt II.

Enjoyed it.

now waiting for Pt III. :confused:

See you all in 2032.

2 Likes

The new Session update is apparently coming out before the end of January. Info is from the Discord server. Looking forward to playing it.

Playing Ghost of Tsushima and its a lot better than expected. Downloaded it after playing COD to death…Zombies is carrying Cold War - the rest of it is starting to feel a bit played out

Not even bothered with Zombies. I only use multiplayer to upgrade guns…
Mind you, these days I only play Warzone with a couple of mates whenever they are on. Literally never played solo.
Kinda said I wouldn’t bother with this one and reckon I should have stuck to it.