Video Games

This might be of interest

1 Like

Found my DS during my housemove and I’m currently hammering the Phoenix Wright games. Mental but very very good.

Absolutely love the DS. So many good titles.

4 Likes

I love Rad Rat’s channel (specifically for the obscure video games). Will give this a watch later!

There’s a good game called Skate City, like a platformer skate game with really good graphics. It was only out on iOS before but is now out on Steam, Xbox and Switch.

Time to waste many, many, many hours then.

7 Likes

I’ve just bought a PS5, give me your PSN details so we can play together :slight_smile:

Anyone checking out the E3 announcements and all that?

Forza Horizon 5 got announced: full disclosure, I worked on this designing UI and menus. I’m biased, but I think it’s gonna be really fun.

This new Guardians Of The Galaxy game looks really fun too! Like Mass Effect with Marvel characters.

Also, I really like the look of Riders Republic!

1 Like

4 was incredible and I still play it.

2 Likes

Yeah I still jump into FH4 every once in a while. I tend to bounce between FH4, NFS Heat and The Crew 2 - all of them are really good. There’s a great selection of racing games out there at the minute, I think it’s a genre that’s always offered a surprising amount of variety.

1 Like

New teaser up for skate. Glad to see it’s finally happening. Though don’t watch if you don’t want to be frustrated.

2 Likes

When I was talking about Donovan the other day, this is the game I meant.

1 Like

Does anyone here play SkaterXL? I find it hard to jump into Session after playing SXL - the controls are similar in many ways but also differ in some fundamental ways that makes it hard to jump from one to the other.

This is actually fucked up

Imagine if all the time spent doing no hit gaming was spent talking to girls. They’d be a boss level mack.

1 Like

It’d just be a raw stick of flesh.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Sessions controls don’t naturally map to the concept of skating (regular, switch, nollie, fakie) like SkaterXl and Skate before it managed.

When I play SkaterXL I find myself instinctively able to figure out the movement for a switch tail without really thinking too much about it.

1 Like

its the other way for me, I always try using Session’s switch controls when playing SkaterXL. When jumping from SkaterXL to Session it takes me a minute to get back into using both sticks for ollies, I do prefer Sessions controls though so its worth taking the minute to get the hang of it again

I’m tempted to get Tony hawk 1 and 2 as it’s on the switch now, but I’ve not played any skating games since EA skate and I bet I won’t beable to handle those old controls.

I’ve played a surprising amount of Skate 3 recently. It’s like the perfect brain switch off game.

I’ve really tried to enjoy Skater XL but it’s just too hard for me, my brain can’t handle it. It just wasn’t enjoyable.