Video Games

Nope, that is the wrong side, landing on grass is easy.

Got to go the right hand side and land in the top bank.

Sorry. I liked the cheeky nollie before it. I’ll have to try and find my xbox.

I’ve just realised that I’ve somehow never actually played metal gear solid on the ps1. This is my one and only new year resolution.

5 Likes

It’s great, not played it for well over 20 years though.

Oddly enough whilst getting the decoration boxes from the loft I spotted my original PS1 copy in a see through container earlier and briefly reminisced.

1 Like

Still playing The Long Dark. Longest days survived is 86, aiming for 100+ this run. Will likely park this when the new Horizon game is released.

One of my all time favourites.

MGS2 on the PS2 was also up there… even the demo. Being able to shoot magazines off of shelves, holes in pipes and throw people overboard blew me away.

And speaking of demo’s. The Silent Hill one that came with MGS on PS1 still plays on my mind - especially when it’s foggy.

3 Likes

Still can’t play Silent Hill. So fucking scary.

Not a fan if any of those survival horror ones. I’m too much of a wuss.

2 Likes

Its especially creepy in the dark hooked up to surround sound.

Found that out the hard way after chipping my PlayStation, it messed with the video output and would only display in black and whte so I had to get a new scart connector which came missing the av-adaptor if I remember correctly my TV had a video conection beside the scart but not the sound so I had to hook it the spare sound cables to my stereo. Which had the unwanted (for me anyway) effect of being more creepy and atmospheric.

Was anybody else naughty and had their PS1 chipped?

1 Like

Definitely not……cough :laughing:

3 Likes

A fan of SH, SH2 and 3 here. SH4 The room was a bit too nuts for me though, babies heads on arms was too crazy lol. Not played homecoming, downpour or any of the latter games though.

1 Like

Yup. I did.
Mine was a Japanese one. Bought it pretty early on (not the first Japanese run which sold here for about £750, though).

Those developer ones (net yaroz?) Were pretty nifty looking, came very close to spraying mine black. I had a pal who bought a psx DVR on a visit to Japan he payed something similar, around its release.

I haven’t watched this yet but if you’re a big fucking nerd like me this guys whole channel is the one for you:

2 Likes

This is great!

Got my Xbone sorted out to play more blideo games downstairs again and made these over crimbo hols since I was bored of just eating chocolate and sitting on me arse all day.

I do like the first Skate game par the replay editor not letting you have much creative control like the 2nd or 3rd games and the fact you can’t get off the board, however the map on it has more little bits here and there. Especially the SF type section.

2 Likes

Radlandia eh :thinking:

Of course they’re at Hop King skatepark.

Was just going to post this. Vibrant soul is better than snotty punk I guess

FFIV finally done.

Genuinely solid.

7 Likes

Have you played Dungeon Encounters yet? New one from some of the OG Final Fantasy guys, no story just a great battle system