What do you Meme

Really? They didn’t have any Tracker branding that I can remember.

Will have to do some Googling.

Thanks! :+1:

If the trucks didn’t turn, they were definitely trackers

2 Likes

fascinating… Gazelles were a fiver?? I love the idea of a surplus of old school sports shoes in the UK.

Do good blanks exist in the UK today or is that blasphemous to even ask?

@doowyrag: A lack of Tracker branding would have been entirely intentional.

From Transworld’s (completely unbiased :wink:) history of Tracker Trucks.

‘’ By the early 90s, street was king, and street enthusiasts were following the curb gurus in a mass migration toward shorter, low-profile trucks. Enter the Tracker B-52, the street skater’s answer to the Sixtrack. This truck resembled the classic Tracker profile, but was lower than the Sixtrack, and therefore less maneuverable. Just as well, though, as maneuverability wasn’t in vogue at the moment.

The B-52 went through a couple mutations as Balma grappled with slipping axles. One novel solution he devised was the floating axle, which literally slid freely through the hanger, eliminating the pinch of a slipped axle. A later version of the B-52 even replaced the locknuts that held the wheels on with E-clips for a lower profile. “The point was to let it slip,” says Carr. “We went the opposite way from cast-in axles and allowed it to slip so the wheels would never jam.” By the end of ’93, the B-52 had a fixed axle, and the truck remained the Track’’

I didn’t know anyone who had any. Venture Featherlites were the truck of choice at the time around our way.

Also, imagine a truck less manoeuvrable than a sixtrack. Is that possible?

1 Like

Yes. And to top it off those b52s cracked very easily. Did both of mine.

2 Likes

This is ace.

Cheers (some more)!

1 Like

And Puma States/Baskets.
I’d buy a new pair every couple of weeks

2 Likes

Nah but I only skated those boards because Magee was on the team. That’s what I mean.

He had an ad!

1 Like

Gazelles in every colour. Then they went up in price, gradually… Fiver to a tenner, then they were twenty quid because skateboarders had made them cool. My first pair of shelltoes were a fiver.

Then they disappeared and came back at £50. Still bought them, but only for chilling because Airwalk Ones existed by then.

1 Like

Evidence here.
The entire Nottm Square scene ran them.

4 Likes

Everyone everywhere (all 250 UK skaters) ran them.

Shoes that you could throw away after a weekend…

6 Likes

BGP @ 8:07

2 Likes

10 Likes

What? No trousers thread?

3 Likes

9 Likes

< / crossing threads >

Millie Bobby Brown’s parents had to know what they were doing when they named her, right?

8 Likes

I’m not really talking the same eara as you guys, as you can imagine. I;m 28, and from what, 2004 I rarely skated skate shoes or clothing, don’t think us groms could afford it. Well,some kids mommy’s and daddy’s accommodated as is the way, but they were usually the shittest at skating.

These days I like a few select skateboarding hats, t shirts, hoodies. But I’m,yet to find any actual skate shoes I can get down with for life, Id like to skate one model for ever ideally. Creature of habit and see something in consistent equipment helping progressing

Anyway I’ve gone a bit off topic now. Tell me some more wondrous stories from pre 2001 that will blow my mind

12 Likes