What do you Meme

Haha seen a lot of these kicking around on Facebook.

eBay is flooded with them.

They’re shit.

Skateboard gambling?

Yeah but maybe you can get it with Klarna and pay it up in three instalments.

This thing has to be making young people broke or getting in to debt.

Yeah I dunno what to think of klarna. Surely it’s just playful looking credit for the younger generation?

Exactly. And nothing that any skateboard shop sells is worth going into debt for, at any age.

Yeah totally! We use it at the shop I work at and we sell art books, magazines, zines etc, like if you’re struggling for cash do you really need a 20 quid fashion mag? Haha doesn’t seem worth it

2 Likes

I think they used to market themselves as credit that didn’t affect your credit rating. But then people realised that if you miss a payment it still shows as a default on your credit report. So it’s just basic credit, for cheap stuff. Terrible idea

The Duplo version of a credit card.

It’s really attractive for retailers though as klarna takes all the risk

1 Like

How much do they take on top?

I use Klarna when I buy shoes.

Why? Not having a dig, genuinely curious

Because mentally I feel better spending £30 3times over than spending £90 in one go.

I dunno weird, I never use it for anything else.

They take a cut of the payment to the vendor (no extra charge to customer) AFAIR.

So a pair of shoes with delivery is 100.
Klarna pay the vendor 100, minus their cut for providing the service, say that’s 5 quid, so they pay vendor 95.

It’s now up to Klarna to drag the money out of the customer. The vendor is happy as they have their sale but none of the risk.

Brilliant idea and executed really nicely. They approached me when I was doing ecommerce stuff for the online store I was managing, about 2014ish? I thought it was a great thing to have but the CEO was a total bell who didn’t trust anything (even though we basically used PayPal as our payment gateway and even for basic payments Klarna was cheaper).

2 Likes

10 Likes

Caught the end of this where he was looking at the sarcophagus, that young urban explorer was mental though. I can understand doing the tour and maybe sneaking in the once to have a better shufty but fuck that noise, staying there weeks at a time swimming through rivers, I imagine he’s got giger counters and dosemeters and such but there’s every chance there’s a bit of radioactive debris floating about or stuck to the floor in old building, apparently all of the protective gear the firemen were wearing the night of the explosion is still in the basement of the hospital. Grim.

3 Likes